Monday, June 12, 2017

Sir Thomas, Part II

     Here's Fitzgerald of Laccagh done and based with his attendants.  Another base that'd been sitting on my shelf for years without being completed.  I originally planned the base to look quite different, with more "wild Irish," but in the end I settled for a more civilized grouping that probably better represents an Irish magnate's retinue, a mix of current, old-fashioned, and distinctly Irish dress and armor.


Some of you may notice that the banner bearer has been switched for another, who I think fits the Irish look at this time a bit better.  The trumpet comes from the Agincourt archers sprue.


2 comments:

  1. Great command base - the later 100 Years War armour works well as an Anglo-Irish harness. My reenactment group portrays the FitzGeralds so this is great to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just now come across your blog and your miniatures are amazing. Before the Perry's started making medieval Irish, I was also in the process of converting hundred years war miniatures for them.

    Isaias

    ReplyDelete