Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Retinues, continued

A few more English troops.


Lord Scrope of Masham; Scrope retainer and drummer; archer and banner in the retinue of Robert Percy of Scotton; and an archer in the service of Phillip Constable of Flamborough.



Close-up of the Percy banner. I think this is my favorite banner so far, so it saddens me to confess I designed it on the computer before painting it.

Next up, the retinues of Broughton and of de la Pole himself, at which point I'll more or less be done with the English third of the army.

**Edit: I forgot to mention that the Percy arms are quartered the wrong way, but I stuck with the error rather than repaint Percy's surcoat.

1 comment:

  1. Great looking banner. If I'm making a similar banner I always draw it on computer first to see that it works.

    ReplyDelete