Thursday, December 11, 2014

Nocked Up

Been rather busy of late, and on top of it I haven't felt much like painting.  So instead I assembled more figures for the English bases.


Here are the archers.  Seconds before taking the photo I bumped the table, so some aren't in the right position/orientation.

A couple of command figures for various bases.  The aristocratic fellow in the middle is none other than John de la Pole, Earl of Lincoln.  He will of course eventually get one of those circular "command bases," which will permit a kind of vignette.  I picture him stepping forward in alarm as he's given some not very encouraging news by a (still unmade) lieutenant, moments before entering the fray himself to swing the balance of battle in his favor.

These men, and the billmen in the previous post, await extensive greenstuffing, and some of them will probably be altered considerably before I get to painting them.  I have a habit of assembling the contents of a new box in a rush and then being displeased by how unoriginal the poses are, so the next step will be to fiddle with them a bit.  I also hope to get a hold of the new standard bearers and some more musicians, but that will have to wait until I've painted most of these plastics.

No comments:

Post a Comment