Sunday, November 9, 2014

Bien en Aviegne!

     This blog will track my efforts to recreate the army of the Earl of Lincoln as it was on the morning of 16 June, 1487, when it gave battle to the Royalists south-east of the village of East Stoke.  I've been ogling Simon Chick's various blogs for years now, not to mention a few others (Army Royal comes to mind).  So now I've got enough to put on display, it seems like a good idea to start my own plog.  And even though the army's only in its early stages, there's been a lot of revising and reimagining, so I'd like to have a place to keep track of my thoughts and plans as they evolve.

     I'll be using the Basic Impetus rules (they're free!), but in all likelihood the army will just be for display, since there's no opportunity for wargaming where I live. The Impetus website has an army list for Yorkist pretenders, but it's far too heavy on the English, and I've reshuffled it to fit the ethnic composition of the Yorkist army a bit more closely:

     Earl of Lincoln (Commander)

     1 x Men at Arms
     1 x Billmen
     1 x Longbowmen

     3 x Irish

     2 x Pike
     1 x Handgunners

     This arrangement is pleasingly diverse and much closer to the actual English:Irish:German ratio (2:1:1) of Lincoln's army.  There will be a couple of vignettes and extra command stands as well.

    So, as the title says, may good come of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment